Programs and Events
Garrison Elementary PTA works hard to make our school the best experience for our children!
Here is a list of programs and events that we organize. Email us to join the fun: [email protected].
- After School Enrichment: Various tasks, needs many volunteers. Help with planning, finding instructors, organizing registrations, attendance, and/or assist instructors with their class. Program runs in the Spring - one or two 6 week sessions. Volunteers can teach classes too.
- Bowling Bonanza: Help with planning, setup, registration, refreshments, and/or as needed by the chairperson. Saturday event in the Spring.
- Boxtops: There is a mobile application that does all the work for us. Use the app and spread the word so Garrison can earn money.
- Crayola ColorCycle: *Crayola has suspended program until further notice. Recycling program to collect used markers. Assist with collection and packaging. Activity occurs during the school year and can be done at home.
- Family Movie Night: Assist with setup, registration, clean up.
- Front Office: Assist administrative office with various supporting tasks as needed. Hours vary.
- Fundraising: Assist with various tasks to support the success of fundraising programs, such as asking for sponsors or gathering donations for different events.
- Holiday Breakfast: Saturday morning event in December. Many volunteers are needed for a variety of tasks: planning, check-in, set up, craft tables, clean up.
- Holiday Sale: Friday event in December. Assist students with holiday shopping: selection, purchase, and wrapping of gifts. Lots of volunteers are needed to make this event a success.
- Hospitality: Provide baked goods and/or assist with family and/or staff events.
- Laminate Items: Front office is looking to train someone to help with various laminating projects.
- Library Helper: Assist Librarian with a variety of tasks, such as, re-shelving of books, covering books.
- Literacy Night: Held in Spring. Evening school event to promote reading. Various tasks.
- Lost and Found: Volunteers are needed to periodically organize and help keep area neat.
- Newsletter: Write articles for school newsletter as needed.
- Scholastic Book Fair: Held in November and May. Run cash registers, assist students and shoppers.
- School Pictures: Help organize students during picture day. Few hours in the morning.
- School Store: Open during lunch for grades 1-4. Students shop for school supplies and trinkets. With a few volunteers, this can be done on a rotating basis, 2 hour time slots available.
- Spring Picnic: End of May. Volunteers are needed for planning, setup, serving food, and clean up.
- Sweetheart Social: February school dance. Volunteers are needed to help with planning, decorating, serve food, and clean up.
- Teacher Appreciation: Held in May. The PTA coordinates a luncheon for the staff. Help needed with setup, clean up, and/or provide side dishes or baked goods.
- Turkey Trot: 5K road race occurs on Thanksgiving Day at Garrison School. It is the final race of the popular Dover Race Series. Volunteer opportunities vary from pre-race prep to day of the race. This is a major fundraiser for our school. Many volunteers are needed.
- Volunteer Coordination: Assist in reaching out to volunteers when needed.
- Wee Deliver: Our own student mail system. Supervise 3rd grade students during their lunch period while they sort and deliver the mail. Approximately 30 minutes, once or twice a week. Activity occurs in the Spring.